Mission Statement of UMCFA
- To promote the popularity of Maine Coon Cats to cat lovers Australia wide.
- To provide useful and informative resources and links for existing and potential Maine Coon owners.
- To assist cat-owners in general by providing information on care, health, diet and exercise regimes.
- To assist prospective Maine Coon owners by providing links to breeder members of the United Maine Coon Fanciers of Australia.
- To assist genetic diversity by maintaining a database of breeding cats imported into Australia wherever possible.
- To promote testing of breeding cats for genetically inherited diseases such as Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM), Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) and Hip Dysplasia(HD).
- To provide a forum for discussion about Maine Coon Cats open to all members.